We invite you to join us for the 1st annual Upcycled Trashion Show! The show will take place at the Reno Earth Day event on Sunday, April 23, 2017, boasting an audience of over 25,000. Crafters, Students, Individuals, Designers, Models, Schools or Organizations of all walks and skill levels are encouraged to participate. If you would like to join us, it’s FREE to sign up and FREE to attend!
Prizes have been donated from a multitude of local vendors, artists and sponsors and Upcycled Trashion Show contestants will win prizes for best in category (1st, 2nd 3rd places depending on participation), and whatever other achievements we can think of to reward! Lots of prizes to give away, and most of all, LOTS of fun to be had. Official Rules are simple: 1) Entrants may submit ANY piece of fashion/accessory or ensemble, 2) Entrants must supply own model(s) for pieces to be showcased on Sun. April 23rd, 2017 at 1:00pm at Idlewild Park, 3) Final winners, categories, promotions, etc. are abundant, but sole discretion of event volunteer team.
Categories Include: Trashion – Styles Made from repurposed “trash” items (plastic wrap/bags, cardboard, cans, etc.); Thrifted – Reuse and Recycle old clothing into new styles!; Natural – Fashions made from natural materials (leaves, shells, etc.) *No animal skins or furs unless freely shedded (ex. freely shedded cat/dog fur or bird feathers)
If interested please fill out the form below or email us at email@example.com. Mention any groups, companies, designers involved for promotions.
Reno Earth Day would like to invite you our Animalia Pet Fashion Show – hosted this year by AACT High School! The Animalia Kingdom is an area of the Reno Earth Day Festival where all animals are welcome. Bring your adorable pets and creative fashions for a special showing at Reno Earth Day this year – Sunday, April 23, 2017! Prizes have been donated from a multitude of Reno Earth Day vendors, artists and sponsors and Pet Fashion Show contestants will win prizes for best presentation, cutest, funniest, most extravagant, and whatever other achievements we think of to reward! Lots of prizes to give away, and most of all, LOTS of fun to be had at one of the best events Reno has to offer! If you would like to join us, it’s FREE to sign up and FREE to attend! Please fill out the simple form below:
Reno Earth Day would like to invite you to participate in our “Edible Art Centerpiece Challenge” This challenge will showcase the artistic skills of our local culinary students and the unique ways to show off the visual appeal of food!
- Open to All Ages and Skill Levels
- Participant will submit one completed piece of an edible food art centerpiece (no restrictions on imagination!) for the Edible Art Challenge.
- All submissions received by April 14, 2017 will be accepted for display at the Reno Earth Day festival on April 23, 2017.
- All display aspects of the piece must be food items, structure items such as toothpicks, skewers, etc. are allowed.
- Participants are also encouraged to work on another piece at the event during the viewing period so people can see them at work. Participants must bring all of their own supplies for this as none will be provided at the event. Tables and chairs will be available.
- Winners will be chosen based on public vote at the event. Viewers will see the pieces at the event and vote for their favorite piece.
- Participants do not need to be present with their art piece all day, but it is encouraged to be available to answer questions, show off your piece and win the public’s vote.
- Prizes include an award certificate and publication of piece online and in Mercury Momentum newsletter as well as social media recognition, with other prizes to be determined at the event.
Register by filling out the form below or downloading it here: Edible Art Themed (EAT) Culinary Contest Form
Join ComputerCorps at Reno Earth Day in the Reno High School Parking lot from 10am to 2pm for a free ecycle event! Bring computers, cell phones, printers, laptops, LCD TVs and monitors, stereos, ink/toner cartridges and more to be recycled or reused. NO CRT TVs at this free event please. If you have questions about this event you can call ComputerCorps at (775) 883-2323 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The theme for this year’s Reno Earth Day Poster Art Showcase is is three fold: The Natural World, Clean and Green Technologies and/or Many Cultures with the event taking place on Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 at Idlewild Park in Reno, NV.
All ages are invited to participate
Artwork can be created by individuals or in groups of up to four
Posters should focus on one of the three Earth Day categories: The Natural World, Clean and Green Technologies or Many Cultures
Final Poster Art can be any dimensions and made of any material (paper, cardboard, wood, painted rocks, etc. 🙂
Posters can be color or black and white
Poster Art should be generated by hand or digitally – but must be designed by the participant (cannot be copied from another picture)
Submissions Due by: April 13th, 2018
Display & Awards: April 22nd, 2018
Each poster should include a card or written notes on the back with the following information:
· Name(s) of Participants
· Group, Organization, Teacher, Class and/or School
· Grade Level or Age Group of Participants
One grand prize winner will be selected from the entries, with additional winners selected at the discretion of the Reno Earth Day judges. These winners will be featured on the Reno Earth Day website and social media as well as showcased at the event. Winners will also receive a special Reno Earth Day prize if present at the event!
All participants will receive a thank you letter and may be shown on the Earth Day event, website or social media depending on space available. For more info, to submit entries or schedule pick up/drop off please email us at email@example.com.
Reno Earth Day is hosting our 5th Annual Creative Writing & Poetry Read for 2018 and we would like to invite you to participate! The following are the rules with submissions due by April 6th, and finalists chosen by April 13th. These finalists will then present their work at the Reno Earth Day event with works published in our quarterly Newsletter, showcased in social media and our website, credited to the author. Finalists will also receive Special awards at the event on April 22nd at Idlewild Park.
- Open to All Ages
- Pieces must be 1,000 words or less
- Piece must relate to “Earth Day” in some way. Themes for inspiration: The Natural World, Clean & Green Technology and Many Cultures. Creative Interpretations encouraged
- Postmark, Hand-Deliver, Email or Otherwise Submit pieces by the deadline
- To be eligible for prizes: Finalists must be available to read submitted work on stage at the Reno Earth Day Festival on April 22nd, 2018 (or be present and allow a stand in to read it on stage)
- Submissions Due by: Submissions Due by: April 6th, 2018
- Finalists Announced: April 13th, 2018
- Reading & Awards: April 22nd, 2018