Animalia is home to all furry, feathered and scaly friends of Nature. This area is a mini-zoo at the Earth Day event, with live animals of many types – mammals, reptiles, insects, birds, etc. It also holds the majority of our animal welfare, animal services and wildlife diversity and protection organizations, each with their own special educational messages and activities. If you have a business or organization catering to animals, or if you just want to come see and learn about them – visit Animalia!
Special Features for 2018 (so far)
– US Wolf Refuge bringing real Wolf ambassadors to visit for the day!
– Wildlife Conservation groups such as Wild Sheep Foundation & Project Coyote
– Great Basin Herpetological Society with giant snakes, tortoises and lizards
– Nevada Humane Society will have a host of doggies & Kitties there for love & adoption
– Goats, chickens, piggies and bunnies from local farms to pet and learn about agriculture
– Tahoe Husky Rescue with beautiful huskies to share the love
– Human Hamster Ball and Crazy Bull rides for all ages
– Observation hives and education on bees from No. Nevada Beekeepers Association
– Spiders and bugs to touch & teach from Nevada Bugs & butterflies
– Pet rescue and services – such as Special K-9 Rescue & Recovery & Nevada SPCA