Join ComputerCorps at Reno Earth Day in the Reno High School Parking lot from 10am to 2pm for a free ecycle event! Bring computers, cell phones, printers, laptops, LCD TVs and monitors, stereos, ink/toner cartridges and more to be recycled or reused. NO CRT TVs at this free event please. If you have questions about this event you can call ComputerCorps at (775) 883-2323 or email them at email@example.com.
The theme for this year’s Reno Earth Day Poster Art Showcase is is three fold: The Natural World, Clean and Green Technologies and/or Many Cultures with the event taking place on Sunday, April 22nd, 2018 at Idlewild Park in Reno, NV.
All ages are invited to participate
Artwork can be created by individuals or in groups of up to four
Posters should focus on one of the three Earth Day categories: The Natural World, Clean and Green Technologies or Many Cultures
Final Poster Art can be any dimensions and made of any material (paper, cardboard, wood, painted rocks, etc. 🙂
Posters can be color or black and white
Poster Art should be generated by hand or digitally – but must be designed by the participant (cannot be copied from another picture)
Submissions Due by: April 13th, 2018
Display & Awards: April 22nd, 2018
Each poster should include a card or written notes on the back with the following information:
· Name(s) of Participants
· Group, Organization, Teacher, Class and/or School
· Grade Level or Age Group of Participants
One grand prize winner will be selected from the entries, with additional winners selected at the discretion of the Reno Earth Day judges. These winners will be featured on the Reno Earth Day website and social media as well as showcased at the event. Winners will also receive a special Reno Earth Day prize if present at the event!
All participants will receive a thank you letter and may be shown on the Earth Day event, website or social media depending on space available. For more info, to submit entries or schedule pick up/drop off please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reno Earth Day is hosting our 5th Annual Creative Writing & Poetry Read for 2018 and we would like to invite you to participate! The following are the rules with submissions due by April 6th, and finalists chosen by April 13th. These finalists will then present their work at the Reno Earth Day event with works published in our quarterly Newsletter, showcased in social media and our website, credited to the author. Finalists will also receive Special awards at the event on April 22nd at Idlewild Park.
- Open to All Ages
- Pieces must be 1,000 words or less
- Piece must relate to “Earth Day” in some way. Themes for inspiration: The Natural World, Clean & Green Technology and Many Cultures. Creative Interpretations encouraged
- Postmark, Hand-Deliver, Email or Otherwise Submit pieces by the deadline
- To be eligible for prizes: Finalists must be available to read submitted work on stage at the Reno Earth Day Festival on April 22nd, 2018 (or be present and allow a stand in to read it on stage)
- Submissions Due by: Submissions Due by: April 6th, 2018
- Finalists Announced: April 13th, 2018
- Reading & Awards: April 22nd, 2018